Our Midsomer Norton martial arts classes are designed to empower ordinary people to achieve what for them could be extra-ordinary results.
- health & fitness
- great stress buster
- self protection
- holistic: body, mind & spirit
- great fun and new friends
People take up martial arts for many different reasons and each is equally valid depending on what the student actually wants from their training. At Holistic Karate, our approach to martial arts is:-
- We teach good body mechanics/structures, balance and correct breathing.
1. More important under pressure!
2. Generate seemingly extraordinary amounts of power.
3. Teaches you to, “look inwards”, improving self awareness.
- Correct breathing and body structure improves posture and is very good for long term health as well as fitness.
- As most self protection situations are not fair, sport martial arts lead to a false sense of security! We include awareness, street psychology, vulnerable points and legal/moral implications (making it very suitable for women).
- Self development/awareness should go hand in glove with martial arts as a calm mind can tap into a higher intelligence. This is not just good for self protection; it’s good for all aspects of your life.
Our core system is Shotokan Karate which we teach to high technical standards. We also include influences from various other martial arts including Wing Chun, Tai Chi, Combat JuJutsu and Reality Based Martial Arts.
Classes are held in a friendly and supportive environment, so come and book your first 2 FREE classes.